Gospel of John: Chapter 05 - Original Version About Chapter 05
Title Given Chapter 05: "Jesus (peace be upon Him) Warns Us about "bearing witness of ourselves", and about "honoring one of another"
Brief Summary of Chapter 05: In this way, Jesus (peace be upon Him) is telling "us" that defining ourselves as living, praying, and doing duty on the "outside" of us, as "separate from" God within us, and as "separate from" what God is doing within us, is wrong, and is in truth "bearing witness of ourselves", and that forming ourselves into different groups, and then praying to God, and doing duty to God, as "separate from" God, and as "separate from" each other, doing it from the perpective of these different groups, like calling ourselves a Christian as "separate from" a Muslim or a Jew, or calling ourselves a Muslim as "separate from" a Jew or a Christian, is also wrong, and is in truth "honoring one of another", that instead, as Jesus (peace be upon Him) shows us by His own example, we must only define ourselves in terms of God within us, and in terms of what God is doing within us, and only live, pray, and do duty to God as "One with" God within us, and as "One with" all that God is "One with", which includes all of our dearest loving brothers and sisters living on the "outside" of us, that
only this can be called true life, or true prayer & duty to God. Everything else we do is wrong and must be immediately stopped, if we ever hope to "see God or Jesus" again.
Go To: Review of Chapter 05
Go To: Related Material - to Chapter 05
Introduction - to Chapter 05
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Original Version - of chapter 05
1. After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, whiich is called in the
Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3. In these lay a great multitue of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the
moving of the water.
4. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the waters:
whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of
whatever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been a long time in that case, He
said unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
7. The impotent man answered Him, Sir, I have no man, when the water s troubled, to
put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and
on the same day was the sabbath.
10. The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not
lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
11. He answered them, He that made we whole, the same said unto to me, Take up
thy bed, and walk.
12. Then asked they of him, What man is that which said unto you, Take up thy bed,
13. And he that was healed wist not who it was; for Jesus had conveyed Himself
away, a multitude being in that place.
14. Afterwards Jesus Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold,
thou art make whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come into thee.
15. The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him
16. And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay Him, because He
had done these things on the sabbath day.
17. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken
the sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with
19. Then answered Jesus and said to them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son
can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things
soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth Him all things that Himself doeth: and
He will shew Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son
quickeneth whom He will.
22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.
23. That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father which hath
24. Verily, verily, I say unto to you, He that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him
that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is
passed from death unto life.
25. Verily, verily, I say unto to you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead
shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26. For as the Father hath life in Himsel; so hath He given to the Son to have life in
27. And hath given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall
hear His voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and
they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just;
because I seek not My will, but the will of the Father who hath sent Me.
31. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32. There is another that beareth witness of Me; and I know that the witness which he
witnesseth of Me is true.
33. Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
34. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be
35. He was a burning and shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in
36. But I have a greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath
given Me to finish, he same works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father
hath sent Me.
37. And the Father Himself, which hath sent Me, hath born witness of Me. Ye have
neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape.
38. And ye have not His word abiding in you: for whom He hath sent, Him ye believe
39. Search the scriptures; for in Them ye think ye have eternal life: and They are They
which testify of Me.
40. And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life.
41. I receive not honour from men.
42. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43. I have come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not: if another shall come in
his own name, him ye will receive.
44. How can ye believe, which honour one of another, and seek not the honour that
cometh from God only?
45. Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you
(which is the Word of God delivered by God's Prophets & Lights to each age),
even Moses (occuses you), in whom ye trust.
46. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for He wrote of Me.
47. But if ye believe not His writings, how shall ye believe My words?
End of Gospel of John
- Chapter 05 -
Gospel of John - Chapter 05
Review of Chapter
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)